My Amazing World Photographs

Grand Canyon:
I knew this was going to be the most amazing photograph I ever took. I packed my new camera with great care so that it would not be damaged in the long trek, tucked it in my backpack then hopped on the mule.

With my trusty guide leading the way, we slowly started our decent down the narrow trail. I helped to make the hours go by quickly by talking constantly to my guide. I told him story after story about my childhood pet cat named Fluffy. I could tell that he was very interested because he kept looking back in disbelief and shaking his head. I think he was from Florida because he kept mentioning something about a "sunny beach".

Before we started down the trail he cautioned me to go slow but when I got to the part about Fluffy getting her toenails clipped he took off in full gallop. I tried to keep up and even had to raise my voice so that he would not miss any of the story. I guess he was just being courteous by trying not to waste any more time getting to the bottom.

Once we got to the river he unpacked a rubber raft from the supply mule. The gas-powered air pump was loud so I had to get within inches of his ear so that he could hear the story about Fluffy and the librarian. Finally the raft was full of air and we were on our way down the river. Unfortunately I was having trouble remembering which stories I already told him so, just to be on the safe side, I had to repeat some stories.

I heard a splash. "Man overboard!" I yelled. I held out the paddle for him to grab but he kept getting further and further away. There must have been an optical illusion happening, as it seemed as though he was swimming away from the raft. The lonesome feeling overpowered me as I sat alone in the raft floating down river for another hour.

Finally, there it was. What I traveled so far to photograph, the 'Red-Footed, Yellow-Bellied, Tufted Boobie Sapsucker'. I quickly pulled my new camera out from my pack and took a picture. It was the only picture I had time to take before the waterfall.

See the amazing picture below.

Big Ben:
Then off to England where I had a perfect photograph that I wanted to take, the exact second when Big Ben struck 12 noon and the sun being directly above the clock. I bought an extra large wide-angle lens and spent days searching for the perfect location to take the picture from. Once found, I started to study astronomical charts to determine the day when the sun would be directly above Big Ben. I was in luck, just three days to go before the alignment would be perfect for the picture.

I spent the three days experimenting with the exquisite English cuisine and learning the local language. I returned to the location for the picture and quickly discovered that I was a day off on my calculation. The next 364 days went by quickly as I became more fluent in the local dialect and was able to understand more than 70% of the words.

It was well worth the wait, as the picture would show once I return home to develop the film.

See the amazing picture below.

Here is a picture of me when I returned home to find that my new camera has a lens cap.

See the amazing picture below.

No comments:

Post a Comment